My Purchases | Contact
Powered By Prima Games
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sgibs PSN ID: MaddenBible

How to Play Madden Ultimate Team 25 (MUT)

sooooo MUT 25 is right around the corner.

calling all you MUT experts to lay down the law of the land in here.

give a run down of "How to Play MUT". That be a great starting point to get things rocking.

#MUTNation

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow our Twitch.TV channel

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ERock HD
    Quote Originally Posted by sgibs View Post
    sooooo MUT 25 is right around the corner.

calling all you MUT experts to lay down the law of the land in here.

give a run down of "How to Play MUT". That be a great starting point to get things rocking.

#MUTNation
    Leave The Cheese To Kraft!
    (TE Streaks, Dupes, Going For 4-Forever, 24/7 Onside Kicks, Over The Top Smack Talk)

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ERockMUT View Post
    Leave The Cheese To Kraft!
    (TE Streaks, Dupes, Going For 4-Forever, 24/7 Onside Kicks, Over The Top Smack Talk)

got the gameplay portion ON LOCK!

i mean like how do you do packs, auction block, trades etc

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HKK AirWolF
    Lemme say this: to a new user Madden Ultimate Team can be overwhelming. When you first log on, your faced with a plethora of menu's. (do you know what a plethora is hefe?) When picking up Madden25, ill be honest; The best way to start off is by buying yourself at least a 1600 point MSP Card so you can immediately jump in and pull some packs. Alot of us "year to year" players already have a good amount of MSP saved up before each year starts. Lets face it, who wants to GRIND to start the year. Also a note- There has typically been some sort of incentive program if you have reached certain criteria on the previous years MUT. Another note, if you have been lucky enough to get a NFL DRAFT Future Star Card in MUT13, those can be collected for not only a "collected version" of the card back in '13, but also a coin boost in MUT25.

*no word on how much yet.
    *nothing has been confirmed for MUT '25. Playbook reveal is in July. Everything below is based on past Madden Ultimate Teams.

In its simplest form Madden Ultimate Team is five things:

Building your Team

Pulling Packs

Working the Auction Block and Trade Block

Doing Collections

Decimating the competition with what you've built.

When you first put in UT my advice would be to take a tour of the collections section, see what's in them and what their rewards are. Next I would load up those Microsoft Points and pull the most high level packs you can. For the past few years those have been called "legendary packs". Keep a look out for any of those Collection Cards you just saw. You can then also get rid of any "base cards" or beginners cards you may have, plugging better and better cards/players into your starting line-up.

I would then go to the Auction House and start familiarizing yourself with how it works and how to navigate it. Start selling your extra cards or ones you don't want and start building up a coin supply. You can also hit the Trade Block and trade cards with friends or make offers on other users cards. Typically you would have to grind out solo challenges or play games to get any coins (which aren't historically very rewarding) but since you have those packs, you'll have a jump start on the market so to speak. Keep an eye out for any cards that are drastically lower than the next card for sale on the auction block as well. As in the real world, buy low and sell high is the rule of thumb.

At any time through all this you can take a break to challenge a friend, go #crush it in Head to Head or play Solo challenges against the computer. All these things will continue to build your coins supply. Spend them on individual card deals, more packs, or any promotions the MUT Devs throw our way. Rinse, Repeat.

Again if you ever have any questions, you can hit me up here or on my Twitter @MUTGuru

ENJOY!
    Last edited by AirWolF; 05-23-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jelako72
    Quote Originally Posted by AirWolF View Post
    The best way to start off is by buying yourself at least a 1600 point MSP Card so you can immediately jump in and pull some packs.
    1600 msp is about $20.00 worth of points.

Amazon.com is offering the Anniversary Edition, which includes:

Madden Ultimate Team Subscription Starting Week 1 of the NFL season and continuing through Week 17, receive one pack a week for use in Madden Ultimate Team. The Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition packs feature 2 rare players, 4 silver players and 4 bronze players.
    If it's 1 pack per week for 17 weeks, is that worth the $30 in difference? Or would one be better off loading up on 4000 MSP (BestBuy has a promotion for Reward Zone members this week, buy 4000 get 400 free @ $44.99)?

$30 for 17 packs (one per week) -or- 4400 MSP for $44.99

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HKK AirWolF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelako72 View Post
    1600 msp is about $20.00 worth of points.

Amazon.com is offering the Anniversary Edition, which includes:

If it's 1 pack per week for 17 weeks, is that worth the $30 in difference? Or would one be better off loading up on 4000 MSP (BestBuy has a promotion for Reward Zone members this week, buy 4000 get 400 free @ $44.99)?

$30 for 17 packs (one per week) -or- 4400 MSP for $44.99
    They havn't specified what packs types those would be. They could be a mid range or a step below the highest type of pack. Those arnt going to wield the best cards. I would buy the points, bite the bullet on the EA Pass (which might come with its own incentive for UT, still no word tho) but will (again, probobly) give you a discount for the year on the high end packs. Then rip your remaining MSP.

*this is subject to change after more MUT25 reveals come

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AirWolF View Post
    I would buy the points, bite the bullet on the EA Pass (which might come with its own incentive for UT, still no word tho) but will (again, probobly) give you a discount for the year on the high end packs.
    It looks like the Season Pass (http://www.easports.com/seasonticket...etting-started) sold for 2000 MSP last year. Last year it gave 1 Legendary pack and 24 Pro. At that ratio, I'm going to assume the Legendary packs are REALLY powerful. Additionally, last year they gave 20% off future purchases.

The last Madden game I played was Madden '95 on Sega when I lived in the barracks. So much has changed in 20 years. We bought our son an Xbox for Christmas, so this will be my first year playing in 2 decades. There is a lot to take in.

I'll stop on my way home from work tomorrow and pick up the 4000 MSP promotion from Best Buy. $44.99 for 4400 MSP is one of the better deals I've run across. That being said, if 2000 points (about $30) gets you a single Legendary pack and 24 pro packs, that tells me this could have a lot of potential of getting expensive.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SteelCityMUT
    MUT tailors to all walks of Madden players. whether your playing to build the team of your dreams or an old school guy that loves card collecting. First of all @MUTGURU nailed it on the head when he stated that it would be a good idea to start with some MSP. I have heard some people say they have gotten millions and have these great players by not spending a dime and in my opinion i don't see this being the case. This year, starting a team out by opening a legend pack or two was a great way to grab a couple players in the 90's to build your team around and hopefully it will remain the same in MUT 25. If i can recommend one thing to anyone picking MUT up for the first time is to be Patient. Cards on the Auction house fluctuate and if you stay calm and wait to pick your time to buy than it should be a very successful experience. This year would of been a good year to save all of your cards. Fantasy,Elite, etc... Position collections come out at seasons end and this year most cards that haven't been seen since week 1 are now in these collections. Every year is different but is a reoccurring theme this season so if you were one of those individuals who saved cards, it could of made you millions in coins or a position collection master. One last thing i might add is find a good group of MUT friends that way you guys can assist each other with collection and your not riding the storm out alone!. If anyone needs anything you can find me here or on twitter @SteelCityMUT.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ryuryu2949
    A couple of additions to MutGuru's excellent post:

- There is also a coin/player boost in MUT25 for doing the Cover Vote collection in MUT13

- As he said, you earn coins in multiple ways, right now in MUT13 the three best ways are: 1- playing the Community Team of the Week solo challenges (best time to reward ratio out there); 2- Working the auction house like a boss; and 3- doing the position collections (note that you may need to have a few of the more expensive cards to start, you will lose coin if you just try and buy everything from the auction house). Also, doing the solo challenges for the "end of the year" team series (4 games each) will net you a key pack, and you could strike gold there.

- That is all for MUT13 currently. For MUT25, I recommend (as Airwolf stated) investing a little bit of money initially, then working the auction house and grinding challenges and the primary online games setup to earn coin. But its too soon to say what the best strategies are for MUT25 given that it is months away (sigh).

- Remember, its a marathon, not a sprint. Take all of this as background info, but find a strategy that works for you and for which you feel comfortable.

Gamer IDs

Currency

It would appear there are two forms of currency with MUT: Microsoft Points (MSP) & "Coins"

MSP are acquired from purchasing pre-paid cards from retail outlets.

Coins are acquired from participating in activities within the game.

It is being recommended (not required) that having some MSP on the front end helps players (new and old) to acquire packs of cards. Packs themselves are tiered in quality with "Legendary" referred to as "the best".

Coins are then used as currency within the auction house to purchase specific cards. This is to either fill voids, increase quality of existing cards, or complete "sets" that potentially award even better rewards.

Would one ever find "packs" on the auction house or is it specifically individual cards?

Is there ever an opportunity to purchase packs with "coins"? Or is it the case: Packs=MSP; Individual Cards=coins

My initial observation is that purchasing packs on the front end stands to offer the biggest impact. You are improving your team very early & you have the potential of pulling a single card that could be incredibly valuable (allowing you to choose to sell it to establish an initial bank roll).

Based on the above advice 1600 MSP gives a good initial foundation (not required, but gives a good start).

On several YouTube videos I watched, I noted there is an initial/starter pack that gets you started. Is this purchased or is it just part of the game. Nearly every video, the person chose to make an offensive skilled position player their "captain". Is there an argument to make your captain a Defensive player or an offensive non-skilled position because aren't those the slots most people look to improve first?

Historically, how have the values of cards varied between Offense and Defense? Would it be in the interest of a new player to perhaps choose to initially focus on defense at a better value?

Gamer IDs

if I want to strictly build out my MUT team for playing purposes and not card/coin collecting. Is there a different strategy to that?

Like do you build up contracts more so than depth or rare cards?

If I'm building my team I will buy from the Auction block (only for the right price) and if I want to sell cards on the Auction block I'll buy packs. And if I want to make tons of money, I flip cards
    Last edited by Drevious; 07-01-2013 at 12:28 PM.

My MUT advice is, if you haven't played MUT in Madden 13, many players who completed some the collections like the Cover Vote collection are going to be ahead of the newbies at the start. Those collection that offer benefits in MUT 25 are these from what I remember.
    Cover Vote Collection-Coin bonus and CV Card
    Offensive/Defensive Rookies (2 collections)-upgraded starter team
    Several Future Star cards-Rookie version of card
    Flashback collection-3 loyalty packs
    I've already completed the cover vote collection and the offensive/defensive rookies collections. I just wish I could actually grab some of the future star cards or the rare flashback cards like Night Train Lane. Dee Milliner is like 3 million coins on the auction house!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AtR MuffinNinja View Post
    My MUT advice is, if you haven't played MUT in Madden 13, many players who completed some the collections like the Cover Vote collection are going to be ahead of the newbies at the start. Those collection that offer benefits in MUT 25 are these from what I remember.
    Cover Vote Collection-Coin bonus and CV Card
    Offensive/Defensive Rookies (2 collections)-upgraded starter team
    Several Future Star cards-Rookie version of card
    Flashback collection-3 loyalty packs
    I've already completed the cover vote collection and the offensive/defensive rookies collections. I just wish I could actually grab some of the future star cards or the rare flashback cards like Night Train Lane. Dee Milliner is like 3 million coins on the auction house!
    Thanks Ninja!

Boston social security disability lawyer

Interesting point of view.Thanks for the post.

We help people every day obtain the benefits they are entitled to receive. The majority of our clients participate in ERISA-governed plans.

Thread Information