My Purchases | Contact
Powered By Prima Games
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you make unfair trades in Madden?

I know in other games you can make unfair trades is there a way to do that in this game?

If you mean "is it possible to rip off the CPU?", yes, it is possible in many number of ways.

what i mean is in other sports games you can make unfair trades where the computer will always except the trade can you do that in madden? and if so how?

you cannot force the CPU to take your 7th round pick for their 1st, but.....

you can trade them a 41 year old 90 OVR QB for a 2nd rounder, when hell retire that year. there are more examples that people will surely post.

It will accept all kinds of things that a real football team never would. You can't trick the CPU into taking your 35 year old 70 OVR center for their 25 year old 95 OVR quarterback if that's what you mean, but you can do a great many things that are unfair to the CPU.

What exactly did you have in mind?

mlb58 how do you do the trades your talkong about?

Quote Originally Posted by deebear31
    mlb58 how do you do the trades your talkong about?
    What trade?

Here's one for you: You can use next years draft picks to "buy" the good players from this years draft. For instance, if you missed getting that great HB you wanted in the first round, before the season starts just offer your #1 pick next year for him. You might have to throw something else in as well, like another player or your #3 pick, but you can usually get him. Don't worry about losing next years picks, because you can do the same thing year after year. You can also do like RealHawker said and offer your aging but high OVR veteran for a rookie with a slightly lower OVR but greater potential. Then you can turn around and package the players you don't want and put them on the trading block for 3rd or 4th round picks. Doing cheesy little tricks like this can grab you 2, 3, 4, 5 or more high potential rookies every year in addition to the guys you drafted yourself, however many there was. It is pretty cheesy though, and very unfair to the CPU?

The CPU is very stupid and doesn't value players in the right way. So you can really take advantage of it if you are of the mind to.

mlb58, thanks for the reply i will try to do this stuff. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by deebear31
    mlb58, thanks for the reply i will try to do this stuff. thanks again.

It is pretty cheesy though, and very unfair to the CPU?

The CPU is very stupid and doesn't value players in the right way. So you can really take advantage of it if you are of the mind to.

that response is classic.

q: What do you think about robbing banks?

a: I would say it's not very moral, also illegal, you could get killed, and is plain wrong.

q: Thanks for the tips, I'm gonna go pick up a gun tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by realhawker

a: I would say it's not very moral, also illegal, you could get killed, and is plain wrong.

lol!!! ur right, this site isn't about cheating the CPU, its about discussing ur success, problems, and hints/tips with other madden players
    niner faithful

add that to your sig!

add that to your sig!
    done, good idea
    niner faithful

LOL! Now I feel like I taught him to build a bomb or something.

Don't you let these other guys make you feel guilty deebear, you go ahead and pillage those teams for all they are worth! Go all Gordon Gecko on them! Greed is good!
    Last edited by MLB58; 01-10-2006 at 05:31 PM.

Ever be watching the real NFL draft and see a team draft a LB and announce him as a DE, or vice-versa? QB as a WR? Happens every draft.

Here ya' go is a way for you to DRAFT a tweener in the later round, 3rd or later, and get a big bang for your buck.

Look for the oversized LB, say 6-2 and 260 pounds or better... they are there in nearly every draft class. Rarely are these guys rated as top picks.

Look for this type of LB who has average AWR, great TAK and draft him. After the draft edit the player to be a DE.

Not unusual to have them end up in the low 90s as a DE! Guess what, trade him for a high pick next year, or trade for a different player this year.

I do this often and rationalize that it's just my good eye for talent and superior coaching! LOL! - Either way, it's better than the draft pick swapping stuff that I steer away from.
    Joe

If you can't beat them, you haven't discovered their weakness yet. - It's there... find it.

Sometimes, You can't see the forest for the trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Tycoon
    done, internet fighting is like playing in the special olmypics, cause even if you win, no one cares
    and arguing on internet is like winning the special olympics: if you win, you're still retarded.

On topic:
    I like to trade my next year's picks for this year's talent. Saves me from analyzing those idiotic scout reports. Also saves a lot of time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information